Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thinking of Death...

This morning, before I left for school and as I was hugging and kissing Spencer goodbye, I had an instant fear that I would get in a car crash on my way to school and would get severely injured or die.  I told Spencer about it and said if I died that he couldn't marry anyone else :)  I then left and continued to think about this fear.  While thinking about it, I realized that it was a fear because I am so happy with life right now.  I feel so blessed everyday to be where I am.  I feel happiness; not all the time but most of the time.  I feel like I have so much yet to accomplish and do.  I want to have a family with Spencer.  I want to be a mother, wife, and grandmother.  I want to graduate from my Master's program.  I want to live in New York.  I want to run a half-marathon.  I just feel like so much is on the horizon of my life and I'm just reaching the outskirts of it.  I have, at times in my life, thought of death as an escape from everything that was hard and wrong.  I no longer think of it that way.  I only want to die when I feel I have accomplished (including the hard stuff) all God has in store for me and I'm pretty sure he wants and needs me around for many more years and for that I am grateful.  Thank you mom for giving me life and thank you Heavenly Father for letting me live it.

2 comments:

  1. When I read your post, it reminded me of the quote by Joseph Smith, "happiness is the object and design of our existence." God wants you to be happy, which means he wants you to have kids, get your degree, and even run that half-marathon.

    ReplyDelete