Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Lifelong Blessing

Yesterday I called my mom to tell her that my husband, Spencer, got a job offer for his second summer of law school in Las Vegas.  She screamed for joy and immediately starting telling me all the good things that would come from and with this offer.  I realized today how blessed I have been to have a mother who lives with enthusiasm for life.  For her, it never mattered how small or large a piece of good news was; she always was excited, happy for me, and enthused about all the good that could come from it.  I want to be more like my mom.  I tend to prepare for potential trials or hardships by picking apart a future circumstance.  My mom, like a gipsy, sees everything as an adventure and moves forward with enthusiasm and excitement for whatever the future may bring.  Today, I understand a little better what a blessing my mother's enthusiasm for life has been in helping me.  Thank you mom!  And thank you God.

3 comments:

  1. I am the overly privileged husband of the author of this blog (overly privileged in that I am married to the author). I just want to say that I am SOOOO excited about this blog. I love you babe and I am sooo excited to be able to turn to this blog for quick study breaks and read about my beautiful, wonderful, and stupendous wife! Thanks babe!

    Also, I want to say that I too am blessed by my gypsy mother in law's enthusiasm for life! I think everyone would do well to be more like her, and more like my laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you babe! You sure know make me feel like I am "good". I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That was sweet. You of course have me in tears. :)

    ReplyDelete